The support of --no-patch alias to -s option in "git diff" and related
git commands was added in git v1.8.4.
* copyright-year-gen: Use "git show -s" instead of "git show --no-patch".
* file-date-gen: Use "git log -s" instead of "git log --no-patch".
* Makefile.am (today): Consistently print the UTC date in C locale.
* configure.ac (RPM_CHANGELOGTIME, DEB_CHANGELOGTIME): Likewise.
* maint/update_copyright_years.sh: Likewise.
* copyright-year-gen: Likewise. When $SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is non-empty,
use it as fallback date before the current system date.
This solves problems like the need to update test suite on every
New Year's Eve.
* Makefile.am (dist-hook): Generate .year.
* copyright-year-gen: New file.
* configure.ac (copyright_year): New m4 variable, defined as the output
of copyright-year-gen script.
(AC_COPYRIGHT): Use it.
(COPYRIGHT_YEAR): New output variable and preprocessor macro.
* strace.c (print_version): Use COPYRIGHT_YEAR.
* strace.spec.in (%prep): Save the value of COPYRIGHT_YEAR autoconf
variable to .year file.
* tests/strace-V.test (config_year): New variable, derived from config.h.
Add sanity checks for $config_year and use it in expected output.
Reported-by: Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>