This software is provided under the Metasploit Framework License v1.2
Please see documentation/LICENSE for the complete terms.
The Rex library (lib/rex.rb and all files under lib/rex/) is provided
under the BSD license.
This is a BETA release. Many bugs still exist and quite a few features
are still non-functional. The latest version can be obtained online from:
Licensing information can be found in ./documentation/COPYING
This release has only been tested on the following platforms:
- Linux x86 with Ruby 1.8.2-1.8.4
- Mac OS X 10.3 with Ruby 1.8.3 from the fink package manager
- Windows 2000/XP using Cygwin and ruby 1.8.4
This release *will not* work with the following platforms:
- Windows via native Ruby (stdin/readline/io issues abound)
- Default installs of Mac OS X 10.4 (broken ruby interpreter)
Mac OS X users will not have access to the tab completion
features of the msfconsole interface without installing
the GNU Readline package and rebuilding Ruby from source.
Questions and suggestions can be sent to:
The framework-beta mailing list is the place to discuss features and
ask questions of the user-base. To subscribe, send a blank email to: